9.30.2010

My First Day on the New High Line





To round out High Line week on the blog, we're going back to 2007 again. These are some photographs from my very first visit during the construction of the park. That day, I walked from Gansevoort Street all the way to the Hudson Yards and back. Parts of Section 1 were beginning to take shape and most of Sections 2 and 3 were still wild. I had been on the High Line before, many years ago, and being up there in the old days was magical--like you were miles away from the city. I knew of no other place like it. The return visit rekindled my love for this very special place--and within minutes of stepping foot up on the line I knew I had to find a way to photograph the ongoing construction. I had to know how the grand plan would come together. That was 3 1/2 years ago and today I feel quite fortunate to be among the last to walk the old High Line and the first to walk the new park.

No comments:

Post a Comment